PLZ Help

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by 1470, Oct 5, 2003.

  1. 1470

    1470 Guest

    I received the following email below and my missus is convinced i am having
    an affair. I explained about Spam, and email harvesting but she doesnt
    beleive me. She is making my life a misery. Can someone back me up.

    Thanks

    Darren

    Hello!

    How are you?

    Here are the nude pics my ex-boyfriend made:

    http://chat.my-free-website.com

    With this You will also have instant access
    to my internet cam and the chat software.

    Please don't forward this mail to anyone
    else. The pics are just for you and
    I hope they turn you on :)

    What are you doing next Friday ?

    Please contact me via chat and webcam:

    http://chat.my-free-website.com

    Yours Truly
    Chatgirl

    1470, Oct 5, 2003

  2. 1470

    BobZilla Guest

    Well if your serious and not spaming us with this,

    Simple open her a email account at yahooo or some free place and watch her
    receive the same crap!

    BobZilla, Oct 5, 2003

  3. 1470

    youngstr11 Guest

    youngstr11, Oct 5, 2003
  4. 1470

    1470 Guest

    sounds like i joke. sorry but it isnt.

    thanks

    Darren

    1470, Oct 5, 2003
  5. 1470

    1470 Guest

    Thanks for all your help, i will put the test email address here as well.

    Darren

    1470, Oct 6, 2003
  6. 1470

    1470 Guest

    Here is another message posted using that email address.

    Thanks again. Much appreciated.

    Darren

    1470, Oct 6, 2003
  7. Lets try again, but doing it correctly.

    Sorry.

    Darren

    darrenturner2000, Oct 6, 2003
  8. Dear Mrs. Turner,

    I do not know your husband, so the question of whether or not he is cheating
    on you, I cannot answer. What I can tell you is that the email he
    receieved, and many more just like it, are received by hundreds of people
    every day. Male, female, straight, gay, they don't care who they send it
    to, as long as they canget people to go log into their site, where they
    charge you for viewing this type of smut.

    I myself have gotten many of these in my various mailboxes, and some even
    goes as far as putting into the subject "I haven't talked to you in so long"
    or "Are you ignoring me". As I have never spoken, or emailed, or had any
    other form of communication with these people, you can see the lengths they
    go to, to try to get you to read their messges.

    If this is the only reason you suspect you husband of having an affair, you
    can rest easy. I can say with 99.9999999% certainity that he has never
    spoken with someone named chatgirl

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Simon Telrenner, Oct 6, 2003
  9. 1470

    1470 Guest

    Thanks Simon. I opened the new email account this morning as i said i did.
    My 6MB of email space at yahoo.co.uk is 19% filled already. Unbelievable.

    Cheers

    Darren

    1470, Oct 6, 2003
  10. 1470

    BobZilla Guest

    Was this not my suggestion on the first reply??

    BobZilla, Oct 6, 2003
  11. 1470

    1470 Guest

    Yes Bob. That is why i followed your advice. 31% filled now.

    Darren

    1470, Oct 6, 2003
  12. my yahoo account fills up in a couple of days--over 400 spam messages in
    just over 3 days, I usually clean it out every week or so--that way if a
    spammer hits me from a legitimate email address which they use--it is their
    mailbox that gets filled :)
    Generally I have the accounts of people who spam me frozen by their ISP--I
    get few spam messages anymore....I also have installed a spam filter so I no
    longer worry about sifting through for legitimate messages.

    Spammers and virii writers suck and have absolutely no life
    whatsoever--because if they did they would not be spamming and sending
    virused emails....And would use their spare time for legitimate pursuits....

    Ronnie Broyles, Oct 7, 2003
  13. 1470

    BobZilla Guest

    So is the wife convinced now? I hope so. Good luck -----------BZ

    BobZilla, Oct 7, 2003
  14. 1470

    1470 Guest

    You'd think so. A friend came round today and i began to explain the whole
    situation. I eventually showed him the email. "Yeh, i get that ChatGirl one
    as well", he replied.
    "My God, i exclaimed, she's been two timing both of us"

    My missus wasn't impressed.

    Thanks guys for all your sympathy 8/ and your help.

    All the very best

    Darren

    1470, Oct 7, 2003
  15. 1470

    1470 Guest

    I begining to think that i wasnt specially selected. I thought she only had
    eyes for me. I feel cheated. ;)

    1470, Oct 8, 2003