Plustek Support Blame SilverFast

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Stephen, Aug 18, 2009.

  1. Stephen

    Stephen Guest

    Now although the support from SilverFast can leave a little to be desired to
    get a response, but up to now the responses from them have been reasonable
    once I get them. However I now feel sorry for SilverFast as they're now
    being blamed by Plustek for a problem that's clearly not theirs. Its clearly
    a Plustek problem.

    I have a Plustek OpticFilm 7500i film scanner and on the second one. the
    first one had a fault and with this second one the fault is a lot more
    severe. Basically when scanning the scanner will either cut out causing the
    programs to become non-responsive or if the scan does complete it has
    horizontal bands of alternate green and red colour casts banding
    progressively shifting the image to the right. As this occurs with both the
    QuickScan and SilverFast programs its pretty obvious that its not a problem
    with the software but either the scanner driver and/or the scanner itself.

    However the support at Plustek tell me the following..
    *************************************
    To get a good quality with silver fast you need to scan with 300dpi. For
    more details please contact:
    http://www.silverfast.com/show/contact/en.html
    Silver fast is a German company & they support thier product, please feel
    free to contact them,
    Kind Regards,
    Imad Salih
    **************************************
    Total rubbish!

    Firstly if what they're saying that the scanner isn't capable of anything
    over 300dpi, when the specification says to 7200dpi, then this is a complete
    joke. I'd also class it as a scam! But to blame someone else, namely
    Silverfast, for something that's clearly a Plustek problem is even more of a
    joke. It certainly doesn't say much at all for the Plustek support if this
    is the poor standard of feedback they give. It goes without saying that the
    reply I've given to Plustek has show my annoyance and telling them in no
    uncertain terms that the problem is clearly Plustek's and not to blame
    others.

    I think that Plustek would be better selling these as doorstops, as I've yet
    to get them working reliably.

    Stephen

    Stephen, Aug 18, 2009