    Mark Carver Guest

  2. Mark Carver

    Phil Guest

    Phil, Jun 15, 2005

  3. Mark Carver

    Tony Hoyle Guest

    Plus there's no peering (*758?) so you can't even call plusnet
    customers from outside.

    OTOH it's probably great if you are a plusnet customer calling another
    plusnet customer...

    Tony Hoyle, Jun 15, 2005
  4. Mark Carver

    Chris Hills Guest

    I wish isps would introduce a sip service, so as a customer, you could
    register as sip:, then it would be much more simple
    to call each other. The sad thing is it's stupidly easily to set up,
    since these days most sip systems support a radius backend. I think the
    only thing preventing it taking off is the migration of e164.arpa from
    trial to production, and the system in place to manage it.

    Chris Hills, Jun 15, 2005
  5. As I understand it they plan on doing exactly that.

    http://www.plus.net/support/adsl/voice/plustalk_faqs/plustalk_using_faq.shtml

    Geoff

    Geoff Winkless, Jun 15, 2005

  6. Hi,

    It is indeed. The initial launch of PlusTalk just allows calls between
    PlusNet customers, the next phase though will include peering with other SIP
    providers and we'll also be adding PSTN break in/out too.

    --
    Regards,

    PlusNet Support Team, Jun 17, 2005