  1. t4toria

    t4toria Guest

    I left plusnet after several years this summer. I paid the last bill and thought nothing of it. I then received a letter from moorcroft demanding payment for services AFTER the account was closed. Any advice on how to deal with this. Ringing seems pointless as I can't get sense from anyone!

    t4toria, Nov 24, 2014

  2. t4toria

    Roger Mills Guest

    Who's "moorcroft"?

    Does the bill itemise the charges? Could it be legit according to the
    T&C's - or is it completely erroneous?
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Nov 25, 2014

  3. t4toria

    Woody Guest

    Never heard of Google?

    Moorcroft Debt Recovery.

    Woody, Nov 25, 2014
  4. The easiest way would be to pay the monies 'owed'.

    If you're disputing they're owed in the first place, then I'll take a
    look if you can provide me with your old account username?

    Plusnet Support Team, Nov 25, 2014
  5. t4toria

    Andy Burns Guest

    Was there a later bill, if so do you accept or dispute the amount or
    just ignore it?
    The debt collection agent BT uses (or are they actually an in-house BT
    dept?)

    Andy Burns, Nov 25, 2014
  6. I can still log into my personal details on an old Plusnet ADSL
    account I had years ago. It seems to have reverted to a free dial-up
    account, as the payment section has shown no transactions for many
    years. You may be able to do this too, and check for yourself that the
    payments have actually been stopped.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Nov 25, 2014
  7. t4toria

    Roger Mills Guest

    I can't find any evidence of that, but it wouldn't have surprised me.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Nov 25, 2014
  8. t4toria

    Andy Burns Guest

    Seems I was mistaken ...

    Andy Burns, Nov 25, 2014
  9. t4toria

    Roger Mills Guest

    Perhaps in this case - but it's by no means unknown for organisations
    (particularly banks) to use fictitious legal companies - which are
    actually internal departments - to send threatening letters to people.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Nov 25, 2014