    I acquired a TV card for my computer and I plugged my VCR in with red
    white and yellow and it was absolutely shocking quality.

    Is it worth buying a DVD recorder instead?

    hjordo, Jan 11, 2006

  2. hjordo

    Biz Guest

    It all depends on teh quality of the source tapes...Nothing will turn VHS
    resolution tapes into DVD quality DVDs..It will just be VHS quality on the
    DVD media....

    Biz, Jan 11, 2006

  3. The better the tape, the better the DVD. For some time I've been using
    an SVHS Panasonic VCR, with SVHS tapes. The quality of DVDs I've since
    made with my HD recorder has been excellent.

    Mike O'Sullivan, Jan 11, 2006
  4. hjordo

    wunnuy Guest

    I think you'll find that DVD-Rs have a shelf life too.

    wunnuy, Jan 11, 2006