    Please start Vista 32 bit and Vista 64 Newsgroups and take some of this Vista
    traffice out of the XP Pro x64 Group.

    Thanks

    Guest, Oct 10, 2006

  2. Guest

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I was under the impression that it's been decided that this is a "general"
    64-bit issues newsgroup, not tied specifically to Windows XP x64.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Oct 11, 2006

  3. Guest

    Zapper Guest

    I don't see the words XP anywhere in the name of this newsgroup. This is the
    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.GENERAL, thus Vista/Longhorn is as viable as
    XP/2003 in here...sorry...

    Zapper, Oct 11, 2006
  4. Guest

    jabloomf1230 Guest

    There are a bunch of Vista newsgroups. Unfortunately, this is the only
    64 bit Windows newsgroup, so Vista stuff ends up here also.

    jabloomf1230, Oct 11, 2006
  5. You are correct.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 11, 2006
  6. Correct.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 11, 2006
  7. Not only does it serve Vista x64 users but keep in mind that it has been
    serving Server 2003 x64 and Itanium IA64 users for over a year. This never
    has been an XP Pro x64 newsgroup.

    This discussion with MS took place three months ago and we received a policy
    statement to the effect that the this newsgroup is platform aganostic.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 11, 2006