    JohnJ Guest

    Pease recommend portable USB hard drive to store CF card data whilst on
    location, eg battery life, speed, reliability. TIA.

    JohnJ, Dec 8, 2004

  2. JohnJ

    Ed Ruf Guest

    For years I've been using a 1st gen 20 GB Nixvue Digital Album with good
    results, though battery life is now an issue with larger image sizes. I
    just received an Archos Gmini 220 today. This is a 20 GB minidisk based mp3
    player with CF card reader built into an ~ 4"x3"x1" form factor, not
    counting cables and charger. Much smaller than the DA. Battery like is
    quoted as "up to 10 hours depending on start/stops and writes", I'm
    guessing used as an mp3 player you might get that.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf, Dec 8, 2004

  3. I bought a Vosonic Pro 300. It takes a 2.5inch/9.5mm HDD of any
    capacity. The shell costs $80 and add another $80 for a 40GB HDD. It
    can read SD/CF/Memory Stick/MMC/xD and also plays MP3s.

    - Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Dec 9, 2004
  4. JohnJ

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Dec 9, 2004
  5. JohnJ

    Arthur Small Guest

    If all you want is a HD then the Image Tank works well. If you want to burn
    CD's or DVD's then look at Addonics. If you want a device that will allow
    you to see the images then the Transcend Digital Album with a 2" screen may
    be for you.

    Arthur Small, Dec 9, 2004