    Many thanks for any help given.

    Regards;
    Mark.

    in vest a gator, Jan 8, 2004

  2. in vest a gator

    marcus Guest

    Why? What's the problem you think it will solve?

    regards
    Marcus

    marcus, Jan 8, 2004

  3. in vest a gator

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    Why don't you just read the answers you've already gotten
    from the last time you asked this?

    -= Hawk =-, Jan 8, 2004
  4. in vest a gator

    Unk Guest

    Try reading the replies to your earlier post.

    Unk, Jan 8, 2004
  5. in vest a gator

    Trax Guest

    |>Hi,
    |>I wonder if anyone could take the time out to help me?
    |>My system is in dire need of a full system format and re-install of Windows
    |>XP yet I've made it rather difficult because I have 2x 80Gb Hard drives
    |>running with various partitions and unfortunatly still a copy of Windows 98
    |>running on my C drive as well as Win XP running on my D drive.

    You don't want these O/S's anymore?

    If I remember right your C drive is just one long extension and D has your
    active section, so D drive will boot up.

    Exchange the drives master/slave and format.

    or

    Fdisk both drives insure C drive has an active Partition., even if it's the
    entire harddrive.

    If both drives have an active section then The first active partition (drive 0)
    will be C and the second drive (drive 1) will be D with the rest of the
    extension partitions following after that starting with drive 0 (ie: E,F,G...).

    Make sense?

    Make a boot disk (emer disk) from Win98 and use this to do your work.
    Format or Fdisk and format.

    Trax, Jan 8, 2004