  1. Kevin M

    Kevin M Guest

    Yes, it is.

    Kevin M, Oct 10, 2005

  2. Kevin M

    Ish Taylor Guest

    Kevin, have you seen this. You might find something to help you here. After
    reading this thread and looking over the ASUS specs I was wondering if your
    problem might be connected to the SLI video and the set-up of the PCIEx
    somehow. Just a thought. Your video board and power supply are OK, but are
    they connected correctly?

    i.e. "convert the 8-pin 12-volt connector, coming off of the 2nd 12-volt
    rail to two 6-pin PCIe power connectors, this is a simple procedure that
    means extracting the pins from the original connector and splitting them out
    to two 6-pin PCIe connectors."

    6-pin PCIe power connectors?? They are referring to the GeForce 6800
    Ultra, but it makes me wonder if the 6600GT SLI
    has that connector also, and if you have connected it.

    http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/38623/>

    Ish Taylor, Oct 10, 2005