Please help; Problem with connection after sleep mode

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, May 15, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello,

    I use a Net Gear WGT634U 108 Mbps Router to connect my Notebook computer to
    the internet and to my Desktop computer. My Notebook PC is a Gateway MX8734
    and has an internal Intel® PRO/100VE Network adapter. The Desktop is hard
    wired to the Router. Both Computers are running Vista Home Premium Operating
    Systems. I recently tried to enable the WPA and then the WEP security to this
    Router. I am not knowledgeable about this stuff, but I was successful in
    enabling the security using both the WEP or the WPA security. I do however
    run into a problem that I do not have when these securities are not enabled.

    When I boot up my Notebook from the off mode my Notebook connects to the
    Router automatically and works properly. Whenever my Notebook goes into a
    power saving mode and I wake it up to work on it again my connection does not
    work. When I bring up the “Connect to a network†window the message next to
    my Network name says: “Connected with limited accessâ€, but I cannot access
    anything. When everything is working properly the message simply says:
    “Connectedâ€. To get everything working again I have to disconnect the
    Notebook connection and reconnect it again. After I do this everything works
    again until the next time my Notebook goes into any power saving mode. I
    first tried using the WPA security and now I am trying the WEP security and I
    have the same problem with both. I do have the boxes checked to remember the
    pass code and to connect automatically. I also use the Wireless Access List
    for security.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this problem? I would like to keep my
    connection secure as possible, but this is a little annoying to have to deal
    with every time I go back on my Notebook computer because I am off and on it
    al day and night. Any help and suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

    Thank you, James

    Guest, May 15, 2007

  2. Guest

    MSNews Guest

    Use the "High performance" power plan. This post may help,

    Vista: Wireless connectivity issuePost Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 am Post
    subject: Vista: Wireless connectivity issue ... The wireless lose the
    connection after sleep mode. ...
    http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=794&sid=bf7ed1d00a1ba17d124ea6f1daa7925f

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE