Please help, looking for a vga y-cable dual male to female

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Alien, Nov 15, 2005.

  1. Alien

    Alien Guest

    I want to connect 2 computers to one monitor with a switch that can
    let me determine which computer is sending the video signal to the
    monitor, anyone know where I can get a cable like this, and what is
    the proper name of this type of cable? (if it exists).
    Alien, Nov 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  2. Alien

    Nikita1984 Guest

    Nikita1984, Nov 15, 2005
    1. Advertisements

  3. Alien

    Mike Easter Guest

    The monitor 4switch that nikita showed will do that, but most people who
    want to use one monitor for more than one computer, want to use one
    monitor, one keyboard, and one mouse for more than one computer. That
    situation is called a KVM switch.

    Here's an example of a 2 computer one complete with cables for $15 [plus
    Mike Easter, Nov 15, 2005
  4. Alien

    Troy Piggins Guest

    I just bought one - called a KVM switch (Keyboard Video Mouse). It was
    a cheapy, and has 2xvideo, 2xPS2 keyboard and 2xPS2 mouse outputs for
    one of each inputs. It was about AU$45. Think you can also get ones
    with USB connections and more, but that's not what I was after. Make
    sure the one you get has all of the required cables also, they can add
    to the cost.

    I'm not in your country so couldn't tell you where to get one, sorry.
    Troy Piggins, Nov 15, 2005
  5. Alien

    Alien Guest

    Thanks for the links guys.
    Alien, Nov 17, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.