please help!don't understand!! tcp/ip stack is missing or corrupted???

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by rainie, Sep 27, 2006.

  1. rainie

    rainie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    :-? Hi All.

    I am not too hot with the old computer so please forgive me if I sound stupid!!!

    We are with ntl broadband and forever having problems.......but normally manage to fix with broadband medic......but not this time....I'm getting this message -

    your tcp/ip network stack is missing or corrupted beyond repair?

    please help!

    rainie

    rainie, Sep 27, 2006

  2. rainie

    rainie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?!?!?!?!?!

    rainie, Sep 28, 2006

  3. rainie

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,485
    Likes Received:
    1
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Have you tried doing a Windows XP repair? It sounds like something got in there and corruped some files. Another option is to do a system restore to the last known good state.

    bigal, Sep 29, 2006
  4. rainie

    JimmyD

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2006
    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    JimmyD, Oct 16, 2006
  5. rainie

    rainie

    Joined:
    Sep 27, 2006
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks Jimmy, I'll give it a go.

    We are now looking into buying a new pc as this one is so old and unreliable! ALso thinking of changing from ntl broadband!!

    Rainie

    rainie, Oct 18, 2006