Please don't flame - real question!!

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Guest, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    okay

    I know Braindump is pure cheat.
    I know that MS provides practice exams for their courses in .NET.
    I know they approve the practice exams by MeasureUP and Transcender and one
    other I have seen lately.

    So what makes one practice exam okay and another like say (don't flame me
    here) testking not okay.

    It is very disturbing that there are no clear cut guidelines, just a lot of
    emotion over this issue.

    I have been studying for over a year now for MCSD and have only used
    MeasureUP simply because it is supplied by the outfit I am using for the
    training.

    What disturbs me even more is some of my classmates who have not studied at
    all have taken exams and passed with flying colors - like 900+. Even worse
    one case I know never took any other exams and only studied for the 70-300
    for 2 weeks and took the exam and got 900+ and he told me he would cheat.

    So I am upset about this because I won't cheat but my question on testking
    still stands. Is it a full out cheat like braindump?

    What is the difference????

    Guest, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Guest

    kpg Guest

    testking = braindump

    kpg, Oct 25, 2004

  3. So what makes one practice exam okay and another like say (don't flame me
    Maybe because the others pay ms money?

    testking have a reputation for supplying the actual questions from the
    exams.

    I've seen posts in the past regarding the other <cough> practice test
    providers, which mentioned some of their questions were very close or
    the same as those in the real thing. However, given the format and
    simplicity of the actual exams, it's not surprising.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 26, 2004
  4. testking = braindump

    two points. Try for four!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 26, 2004
  5. There are only two Practice Test Providers that Microsoft officially
    recognizes, MeasureUp and SelfTest Software. These two companies are part of
    our Practice Test Provider program and agree to follow certain standards
    when developing their content.

    --
    Alice Ciccu
    Assessments and Certification Exams

    "This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights."

    Alice Ciccu \(MS\), Oct 26, 2004
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I agree and it is why I am asking. I can verify that some
    questions on Transcender and MeasureUP were so close to
    the test as to be - HEY, I RECOGNIZE THAT! Maybe 3 in both
    cases.

    So maybe MS allows a very small percentage to the
    recognized providers to make some feel they are getting
    the real thing.

    My instructor passed out a testking that someone gave him
    which i started to look at but the felt very uncomfortable
    about.

    Guest, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Guest

    Test-Dump Guest

    looooooolz, a good one =:)

    Test-Dump, Oct 27, 2004
  8. My instructor passed out a testking that someone gave him
    i hope they get closed down.

    please post the name of company here or to
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 27, 2004
  9. There are only two Practice Test Providers that Microsoft officially
    any chance of taking test king to court?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Oct 27, 2004
  10. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I would like to in part but I can't. I know he, the
    instructor, would never use one himself and he did it for
    a favor for someone in our group that really needed help.
    This person in turn passed it on to others. Frankly I
    would have used it 9testking) if I had not at one time
    online here for a couple of book recommendations and saw
    the discussions about braindumps and testking.

    Again, it isn't right but MS and the test makers that are
    sticking to the guidelines need to be the ones to shutdown
    outfits like testking.

    I live in an area of the country that is supposed to be a
    real bright star in IT for such a small population but we
    in IT are really hurting here.

    Over the last 2+ years we have lost perhaps as much as
    2000 IT positions with a total population of no more than
    500,000. Some new jobs have opened up but they are all
    cost centers and small entrepreneurial outfits of 1 to 5
    employees.

    One other point here. I have noticed that some responders
    on this group have a real elitist opinion about being able
    to qualify for a certification on anything other that
    experience. This attitude is really quite selfish as many
    of us can work at large or small corporations for many
    years and never gain the experience needed so need and
    rely on training and books to get it. Many even large
    corporations are very slow to invest in new technology and
    when they do they seek to keep the expenses down to the
    point of very low quality work.

    Case in point is the company I worked at here that laid of
    over 800 IT people at one time. They still have not
    implemented .NET - are struggling to do so but very
    poorly. They are mostly leaving it up to the employees to
    learn this. In fact they were requiring the IT people to
    build ASP.NET WEB pages using Notepad or Homesite. I
    suppose they could really learn the in and outs of the
    technology but outch.

    Alice Ciccu \(MS\), Oct 28, 2004
  12. One other point here. I have noticed that some responders
    In the real world, experience is all that count's; anyone stupid
    enough to believe anything else deserves what they get - nothing.

    Having said that, in order get into this profession, people need to be
    able to demonstrate they have the aptitude required to start a career
    in IT. The way business see's this is through a good education, at
    least a Bs/Ba normally.
    Well, that's up the company in question. If such companies see you
    (the employee) as anything other than an asset, well those companies
    should not expect anything in return. However, the door swings both
    ways, i.e. give and take.
    IT provides a service to the business, period. IT investment should
    NOT be centered around the latest buzz worlds which IT grunts want to
    get on their resume's.

    Because a company does not bow to the marketing blurb of the software
    houses, does not mean the 'quality of work' is poor. in fact it is
    those companies that take risks with new and unproven technologies,
    using inexperienced people, are the ones with the most to lose.
    So what? I know many people who support systems implemented in Cobol,
    Fortran, blah, blah. They earn far more then me, and their respective
    companies stock looks good too.
    The biggest problem in IT is down to many idiots involved at all
    levels. Unskilled or poorly trained people have know place in IT. If a
    company chooses to pursue such a strategy, they really are just
    throwing money away.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 1, 2004
  13. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Alice,
    I am using SelfTest Software.
    How close are they to the real test question?
    Do you recomend them?

    Thanks.

    Sam.

    Guest, Nov 17, 2004
  14. Guest

    valko Guest

    The biggest problem in IT is down to many idiots involved at all
    Exactly! I like very much my MCSD.NET logo, but real truth is that there is
    no other way to be good developer then working that many years
    for real companies doing real business from it (using COBOL, PERL, C#
    whatever).

    Please do not expect after passing few funny exams to became good
    developer - it takes time and work.

    As I read somewhere about all new hot, modern etc. technologies: "There is
    too many book reading going on, and too less working."

    cheers
    Valko

    valko, Nov 18, 2004
  15. Guest

    UAError Guest

    LOL

    So you READ that there's too much READING going on ... looks
    like you already joined them.

    Actually I think I it was Scott Ambler that wrote somewhere
    that the "average" IT worker reads less than 1 technical
    book per year - he was making a case that really you should
    be aiming for 1 technical book a month (i.e. 12 every year);
    that is while you are attending to a full-time job - lets
    face it, its part of our job.

    We could ask all the vendors to stop developing technology
    at this speed so we all could do some actual work rather
    than having to constantly update ourselves.

    Maybe whats really going on is that there are too many
    people working on creating "new" technologies - rather than
    doing something "productive" with the technology that
    already exits - this continuous learning curve must defeat
    most of the promised savings...

    Meanwhile everybody is so focused on technology when they
    should be focusing on refining their craft.

    UAError, Nov 19, 2004