    Am very interested in this camera and would like your comments.
    Thank you!
    Frank

    frank1492, Jul 22, 2003

  2. frank1492

    Abrasha Guest

    It rocks!

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Jul 28, 2003

  3. frank1492

    Jack Mac Guest

    I really enjoy my S400. It's a great improvement over my old S100.
    It's low light capabilities is something you must learn to cope with.

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Jul 28, 2003
  4. frank1492

    MicroShop Guest

    Not a lot of features for this little gem but improvement had been made to
    the recording of video it is now capable of capturing 320 x 240 AVI for up
    to 3 continuous minutes.

    Battery capacity had been boosted, I particularly like the manual setting of
    slow shutter speed (now up to 15 seconds) where it is capable of very nice
    night shots (pretty noiseless due to the auto noise reduction feature).

    Overall picture is sharp and the hue of color is good apart from a little
    bit over-saturated at times. The only annoying thing is that it has no
    battery level indicator therefore you are to make sure it is fully charge or
    buy another spare and relatively expansive battery.

    Also it would be nice to have something like Aperture priority control as
    with most no brainer compacts the aperture simple set to very large opening
    thereby reduce the amount of depth of field.

    MicroShop, Jul 29, 2003
  5. frank1492

    MicroShop Guest

    PS: Check out the picture samples yourself at
    http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/s400/sample.html and that's where I
    decided to get it 3 weeks ago.

    MicroShop, Jul 29, 2003
  6. frank1492

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Are you saying it uses a different battery than the S100? Can it use
    the S100's batteries and vice versa? Thanks.

    Paul Rubin, Jul 29, 2003
  7. frank1492

    J Guest

    J, Jul 29, 2003
  8. frank1492

    Abrasha Guest

    Yes you can. A few weeks ago, when I was on vacation in Europe, I had left my
    battery in the charger in the hotel room. I borrowed the battery from my
    brother's camera, which is the Powershot S110. It worked just fine.

    Abrasha
    http://www.abrasha.com

    Abrasha, Jul 30, 2003
  9. frank1492