    size is, and it doesn't look right. I tried Video LAN but it did the
    same thing.....

    help

    jeff, Sep 27, 2005

  2. jeff

    gangle Guest

    "jeff" wrote
    > Hi,
    >
    > I use Windows Media Player for AVI's (xvid & divx) , I use PowerDVD
    > v4 for DVDs and V/SVCDs.
    >
    > Problem is with widescreen videos. If I don't have the player
    > fullscreened the aspect is all screwed up. Some of the videos don't
    > have good resolution, so I can't just fullscreen everything. The
    > widescreen is still displayed but in accordance to what the window
    > size is, and it doesn't look right. I tried Video LAN but it did the
    > same thing.....
    >
    > help

    Try Windows Media Player Classic, which allows custom
    zooming within any size window (using the number keys).
    It is a superior player to Windows Media Player, even
    though it is fashioned to LOOK like version 6.4 of that player.
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358&release_id=314365

    gangle, Sep 27, 2005

  3. jeff

    jeff Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 04:31:45 -0700, "gangle" <>
    wrote:

    >"jeff" wrote
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I use Windows Media Player for AVI's (xvid & divx) , I use PowerDVD
    >> v4 for DVDs and V/SVCDs.
    >>
    >> Problem is with widescreen videos. If I don't have the player
    >> fullscreened the aspect is all screwed up. Some of the videos don't
    >> have good resolution, so I can't just fullscreen everything. The
    >> widescreen is still displayed but in accordance to what the window
    >> size is, and it doesn't look right. I tried Video LAN but it did the
    >> same thing.....
    >>
    >> help

    >Try Windows Media Player Classic, which allows custom
    >zooming within any size window (using the number keys).
    >It is a superior player to Windows Media Player, even
    >though it is fashioned to LOOK like version 6.4 of that player.
    >http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358&release_id=314365

    MPC doesn't have good brightness and contrast adjustment. WMP has
    the best of all the programs. I wish I could figure this out.

    jeff, Sep 27, 2005