    collection while on a long driving vacation. I know that I could just
    plug it in and see what happens, but I'm afraid I might fry the laptop
    onboard audio, or worse. TIA

    xdocx, Jul 13, 2004

  2. xdocx

    Vince Guest

    Yes my friend you most certainly can, as this is exactly what i do. However
    make certain to start with all volume levels low and experiment to find the
    best balance between controlls.
    Also you may be luckier than I, but I suffer from intolerable
    interference from the Inverter or the power supply I walkaround this by
    listening on battery then charging whilst out of my Truck. I also use
    Autoroute and run my laptop this way for 12 -15 hrs a day and could not live
    without it. Good Luck.and Drive Safe.
    Vince

    Vince, Jul 14, 2004

  3. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    Many thanks for the reply and the suggestions. I think that I will try
    playback from the battery only and use the inverter strictly for
    recharging the battery, as you do.

    xdocx, Jul 14, 2004
  4. xdocx

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Great idea...I did the same with a portable MP3 player with great results.
    Plus the batteries lasted longer, and there was less risk of a laptop
    nose-diving in a quick stop. Now I have a CD player in-dash that plays MP3s
    on CDRWs and gives me about 7 or 8 hours on one disc before I hear anything
    repeated ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 14, 2004
  5. xdocx

    NTH Guest

    If this is the one you plug into your headphone jack on your prtable
    CD player, then yes, you can plug it into your headphone jack on your
    computer also. I too have the DC to AC converter. Just make sure it
    supports your model. This is mostly for the plug.

    I do the same as you, but I use it to play DVD's for the kids in the
    back seat. Just bought a Notebook Travle Harness to hold it up.
    Haven't been on a trip yet, but my 6 year old sat in the car port for
    2 hours last night watching sleeping beauty.

    Good luck

    NTH, Jul 14, 2004
  6. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    Sorry, but I forgot to ask...what is "Autoroute"?

    xdocx, Jul 14, 2004
  7. xdocx

    xdocx Guest

    Thanks to all who responded. I really appreciate all of your suggestions
    and assurances.

    xdocx, Jul 16, 2004