Planes, Trains and Infrared Photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 25, 2007.

  1. Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 25, 2007

  2. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Jonathan Guest

    Those are great. I enjoyed your work. Thanks for posting.

    Regards.

    Jon.

    Jonathan, Jun 25, 2007

  3. Wayne J. Cosshall

    ghldnjsrkdlq Guest

    ghldnjsrkdlq, Jun 25, 2007
  4. Wayne J. Cosshall

    k Guest

    | Hi All,
    |
    | I've uploaded a new article with images I shot with my camera converted
    | on infrared photography to:
    | http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=1035

    just a thought..

    The shooting I've done with Kodak and Konica IR cut through haze like a
    knife. There were shots I made in the canadian Rockies where I could barely
    see the next mountain, yet after deving the film I could see to the horizon.

    I notice your IR converted camera tends to show the haze rather than cutting
    through it - have you done any tests to see what the relative sensitivity of
    the snesor is at various wavelengths?

    karl

    k, Jun 25, 2007
  5. Wayne J. Cosshall, Jun 25, 2007
  6. Wayne J. Cosshall

    RichA Guest

    What is more sensitive to IR, a converted CMOS camera or a CCD-based
    camera? I had heard that the Nikon D40 was the most IR-sensitive
    unmodified (aside from Leica's "mistake" with the M8) DSLR.

    RichA, Jun 25, 2007
  7. Wayne J. Cosshall

    Guest Guest

    I've tried various filtration with my Fuji IS-1, from 720nm to 950nm.
    Haze penetration is definitely better with deeper filtration, but quite
    good even at 720nm.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jputnam/518759534/ is one example, a view
    of Mt Rainier from 40+ miles away.

    Guest, Jun 26, 2007