PIX525 Failover shown as Secondary - Active

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Hoffa, Nov 8, 2006.

  1. Hoffa

    Hoffa Guest

    Hello

    We have a PIX525 failover bundle setup with stateful LAN failover.
    This morning I noticed our primary PIX is listed as Secondary - Active
    when using "show failover" as shown below. Also the line "Failover LAN
    Secondary" appears in the running-config on PIX thats supposed to be
    the primary one.
    How can this be corrected without loosing network connectivity? Is it
    as simple as to send the command "Failover Lan Primary" to the Active
    Pix?
    Last Failover at: 11:26:11 CET Tue Nov 7 2006
    This host: Secondary - Active
    Active time: 87330 (sec)
    Interfaces Omitted
    Other host: Primary - Standby
    Active time: 2446770 (sec)
    Interfaces Omitted

    Regards
    Fredrik Hofgren

    Hoffa, Nov 8, 2006

  2. Log in to the active PIX (which is the secondary).
    Issue the command "no failover active".

    Lutz Donnerhacke, Nov 8, 2006

  3. Hoffa

    Hoffa Guest

    But this will put the Primary - Standby PIX into active mode, right?
    I want to keep the Secondary - Active PIX into Active mode but make it
    the Primary one when it comes to configuration changes.

    /Fredrik

    Hoffa, Nov 8, 2006
  4. You does not need to think about this. Log in to the active PIX. Configure
    and store. Primary or Secondary are only relevant on startup.

    Lutz Donnerhacke, Nov 8, 2006
  5. Hoffa

    Hoffa Guest

    I see my own fault here. The PIXes has failed-over properly. I had
    missed to see that I was logging into the unit that had become active
    during the failover procedure.
    Your right Lutz, no failover Active on the unit listed as Secondary
    Active will force the configuration back to it's original state.
    Thanks

    Hoffa, Nov 8, 2006