    If I can do it, what do I need to to in PIX501 configuration?
    Thank You.

    Ak_Father

    ak_father, Jul 7, 2003

  2. :Can I use squid behind PIX501?

    Yes, sure, why not?

    :If I can do it, what do I need to to in PIX501 configuration?

    If your squid server and your users are all behind the 501, then all
    you need to do is allow your squid server to make http connections, by
    creating the appropriate ACL entry (or relying on the default behaviour
    of permitting all traffic if there is no inside ACL.)

    If your squid server is outside and your users are inside, then you
    need to allow the users to connect to the squid port (usually 3128) on
    the remote squid server, by creating the appropriate ACL entry (or
    relying on the default behaviour of permitting all traffic if there is
    no inside ACL.)

    If your squid server is inside and your users are outside, then you
    need to allow the users to connect to the squid port (usually 3128) on
    the local squid server, by creating the appropriate outside ACL
    entry and ensuring that there is a 'static' translation between
    the public IP address of the squid server and the internal IP address.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 7, 2003