    Second question? What is the license agreement saying about this?

    Grts

    Tom

    Tom Pouce, Sep 19, 2005

  2. :We have two of PIXes (515E) The first is working as primary, the second
    :eek:ne is working as Failover and has a Failover license.
    :Because we want to change our whole IP plan, I want to use the second
    :eek:ne temporary near the first one but with a complete other config.
    :So it will be more easy for me to migrate.

    :First question? Is this possible with an Failover license?
    :Second question? What is the license agreement saying about this?

    If I recall correctly, you can do this, with the consequence that the
    failover unit will reboot itself once a day.

    Walter Roberson, Sep 19, 2005

  3. Tom Pouce

    Tom Pouce Guest

    Why should the failover unit reboot itself once a day?
    And when is he doiing it?

    Kind Regards?

    Tom Pouce, Sep 20, 2005
  4. Tom Pouce

    Cen Guest

    Yes, you're right.
    It will reboot every 24 hours if it is on FO-only license.
    This is to prevent from the cheaper license to be used standalone. The
    FO-only license is intended to be used with another PIX in an active-active
    or active-standby pair.

    Cen, Sep 20, 2005
  5. Tom Pouce

    Tom Pouce Guest

    So, if the primary PIX is broken and not repaired yet. It will boot
    every day? Very strange.
    And whem it is booting. Could you manage the boot time?

    Kind Regards

    tom#dot%lauwereins§add$ardatis£dot$com

    Tom Pouce, Sep 21, 2005
  6. :So, if the primary PIX is broken and not repaired yet. It will boot
    :every day? Very strange.
    :And whem it is booting. Could you manage the boot time?

    It reboots 24 hours after the last boot, so if you want the daily
    reboot to occur at 3am, then manually trigger a boot at 3am and
    thereafter the 24-hour cycle will run from then. [Though it wouldn't
    surprise me if in practice the boot time gradually crept later, due to
    the time taken to boot before it registers that it is up far enough to
    start the 24 hour countdown.]

    Walter Roberson, Sep 21, 2005
  7. Tom Pouce

    Cen Guest

    No, the FO-only license PIX would not reboot when it formed a failover pair
    with the active PIX when it first came up.

    Cen, Sep 21, 2005