    I'm not seeing as many configuration options in the Linksys rv016 to allow
    this. There is site-to-site but I think i'll have to completly configure
    the remote offices differently??

    Silvan Jappert, Aug 24, 2006

  2. Silvan Jappert

    James Guest

    You can still have the site to site VPN's however I think you would
    have to either a) configure the linksys to only route VPN traffic over
    one of the ISP links or b) Maybe introduce a second PIX at your main
    office and have a VPN from each device to the other sites.

    I don't know the Linksys device at all, but if you were using a Cisco
    Router in conjunction with Optimized Edge Routing you would achieve
    this via option b:-

    See figure 6. Case 2 :-

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a008029cb84.html

    Anyone else got any better ideas?

    James

    James, Aug 25, 2006
  5. Thanks for the Reply James.

    I think I may end up needing to keep the original PIX506 at the main office
    Along with the Linksys but I would have prefered just the one. The problem
    with configuring the linksys is that the VPN configurations don't seem very
    flexible at all, I don't see anything about authentication through our
    active directory which is how its setup now, I'm trying to avoid completly
    re-configuring the PIX's at the remote offices.

    Silvan Jappert, Aug 28, 2006