    works and DMZ doesn't do a thing.

    Thanks,

    Remco Bressers

    R. Bressers, Jun 10, 2004

  2. :How can i enable PPTP on the DMZ interface on a PIX?
    :I tried 'vpdn enable dmz' together with 'sysopt connection permit-pptp',
    :but it won't work (telnetting to port 1723 times out).
    :I also have vpdn enabled on the outside interface and it works
    :perfectly, but if i also enable it on the DMZ interface, only outside
    :works and DMZ doesn't do a thing.

    Ah, I *knew* I'd seen this somewhere!

    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_63/cmdref/tz.htm#wp1083965

    PPTP is an alternative to IPSec handling for VPN clients or
    Easy VPN Remote devices. While PPTP is less secure than IPSec,
    PPTP is easier to implement and maintain. Only inbound PPTP
    connections are supported and only one PIX Firewall interface
    can have the vpdn command enabled.

    Notice that last phrase.

    Walter Roberson, Jun 10, 2004