    Does this indicate some sort of misconfiguration?

    Thanks much!
    Chris

    Chris Nichols, Jul 13, 2004

  2. Chris Nichols

    mcaissie Guest

    Is the address you are using for the translation , part of your global pool.

    The IP range used for NAT is defined by the command
    global (outside) 1 a.b.c.a-a.b.c.z

    The outside address you want to use for your static translation must not be
    part
    of this pool.

    mcaissie, Jul 13, 2004

  3. I'm using the address of the outside network adapter.

    This seems to be an informative message, I can proceed and the translation
    rule is added and everything works as expected.

    I'm mainly concerned that this may be an indication of misconfiguration.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Chris

    Chris Nichols, Jul 14, 2004