PIX static translation; port redirection

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by gringo2, Sep 15, 2004.

  1. gringo2

    gringo2 Guest

    Please help.

    I am working with a PIX 515 (6.3). I have setup port redirection via
    static translation to have telnet access from the outside interface
    come in on an unassigned port and then redirected to 23. Example:

    static (inside,outside) tcp 192.168.1.1 45000 10.10.10.1 23 netmask
    255.255.255.0 0 0

    Although this allows access to the device on port 23, it appears to
    prohibit all other communication. I would like to have traffic coming
    to the device on port 45000 redirected to port 23 while maintaining
    the other tcp, udp and IP services. The associated access-list allows
    for full IP connectivity.

    If anyone here can advise me in this matter I would greatly appreciate
    it. I have exhausted my own pool of know-how (as I often do) and now
    hope that someone here can help me.

    Thank you.

    gringo2, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Try change the netmask to 255.255.255.255

    HTH
    Martin Bilgrav

    Martin Bilgrav, Sep 15, 2004

  3. gringo2

    gringo2 Guest

    Excuse my mistake, I am actually using the 255.255.255.255 subnet
    mask. So that it is a one to one translation.

    Thank you for the suggestion though.

    gringo2, Sep 17, 2004