PIX PPTP VPN Passthrough: regular translation creation failed for protocol 47

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by armyadam, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. armyadam

    armyadam Guest

    I am receiving the error
    regular translation creation failed for protocol 47 src inside:
    192.168.1.101 dst outside:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
    when I try to connect to my office's VPN gateway from inside my home
    network, protected by a PIX 501.

    If there any way to configure the PIX to passthrough this VPN traffic?

    PIX 501, IOS version 6.34 - Cox Cable Modem Internet with Dynamic IP

    Thanks in advance.

    Adam
    www.theridestop.com
    TheRideStop
    Motorcycle Accesories for Less

    armyadam, Feb 13, 2007

  2. armyadam

    armyadam Guest

    Okay I found the answer myself but I thought I'd post it to help
    anyone out who may also be having trouble with this.

    Just add the following to the PIX configuration:

    fixup protocol pptp 1723

    I am running PIX version 6.34 - FYI

    Ciao

    armyadam, Feb 13, 2007

  3. armyadam

    milkboy33

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Verified

    Verified to work on a Cisco ASA 5510 running 8.4 as well.

    Thank you.

    milkboy33, Apr 17, 2012