    we read that normally outside hosts cannot initiate connections to
    inside interface but we need to do that for software updates.

    thanks

    jonnah, Apr 21, 2004

  2. jonnah

    mcaissie Guest

    -You need first to translate your private IP to a public IP

    static (inside,outside) [public IP] [private IP] netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

    -Then you need to create an access-list allowing whatever you want

    access-list acl_out permit ip host [external host] host [public IP of your
    internal server]
    access-list acl_out permit icmp host [external host] host [public IP of your
    internal server]

    or to be more granular

    access-list acl_out permit tcp host [external host] host [public IP of your
    internal server] eq [tcp port]
    access-list acl_out permit udp host [external host] host [public IP of your
    internal server] eq [udp port]
    access-list acl_out permit icmp host [external host] host [public IP of your
    internal server]

    -Then you need to apply this access-list to your outside interface

    access-group acl_out in interface outside

    mcaissie, Apr 21, 2004