PIX firewall, router and IAS RADIUS NAS-PORT

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by MCJonny, Nov 5, 2005.

  1. MCJonny

    MCJonny Guest

    Hi everybody,
    i'm using a IAS W3K to authenticate VPN CLient user to PIX and Cisco
    837 router.
    Now I also want to use RADIUS for management Telnet and I want to
    configure a RAP on IAS wich could be used for this purpouse.
    The problem is that in my W3K IAS there are no difference between
    telnet user and VPN user:
    Both have: the same (looking at the IAS logging)
    NAS-PORT-TYPE=Virtual
    Authentication=PAP
    and if I look at the NAS-PORT i can notice that every time it's a
    random number between 1 and 5 both fot telnet user and for vpn user.
    Actually I have no possibility to differentiate user as the seem to
    have all the same attribute.
    Especially I wonder why my PIX 501 (6.3) and my Cisco 837 use a random
    NAS-PORT-TyPE (1 to 5 ) and don't use the classic 500 for VPN and 68
    for telnet.

    Can anyone help me?
    Thaks
    Scialator