    I was just wondering if anyone has come across a free solution?

    thanks

    Alex

    Alex, May 29, 2007

  2. The PIX 506e is restricted to PIX 6 (in particular, PIX 7 is not
    supported on it.) PIX 6 has very little in the way of built in
    content filtering; what it does have requires the (expensive)
    third party products WebSense or N2H2. I am not aware of any
    free or low-cost replacements for either of them.

    In a low-budget situation with that particular model, you might
    be best off restricting outgoing connections to be permitted only
    from one particular system, and have that system run squid
    or other proxy software to do the filtering for you; the internal
    systems would have to be configured to get their content from
    the proxy system. This may cause problems with HTTPS connections.

    Walter Roberson, May 29, 2007

  3. Alex

    sircco Guest

    Try dansguardian open source solution, you can put route-map for
    just port 80 and 443 with next-hop your dansguardian server.
    We have that implemented in my ISP, if you have any more questions please
    use my mail address.

    Damir

    sircco, May 30, 2007
  4. Not with a PIX 506E you cannot. The only kind of route-maps
    supported on a PIX 506E are for OSPF, and the ACLs for these
    limited route-maps only support IP level without any port specification.

    Walter Roberson, May 30, 2007
  5. Alex

    rseans Guest

    We use safesquid free edition, which serves our purpose.
    Easy installation, GUI interface for easy management, good filtering
    options and forum based support. If you require additional features,
    you may also opt for the commercial editions.

    Download the free edition from http://downloads.safesquid.net/free/
    Requires registering on the forum at http://www.safesquid.com/forum

    Cheers.
    Sean.