PIX and Windows 2003 - NAT and IPSEC on the same interface

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by milosh, May 22, 2007.

  1. milosh

    milosh

    Joined:
    May 22, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Serbia
    Dear all,

    I am trying to have on one machine an Internet Gateway and VPN peer (IPSEC). I'm using Windows 2003 Standard, having only one public IP address (static).

    I managed to create VPN (IPSEC) with CISCO PIX as the other peer without any problems.

    When the NAT is off on the WIN2003, clients can normally access the resources on the other network. But, when the NAT is on, clients can't reach the other network. It seems to me that NAT is translating even the packages that are intended for VPN network. I was trying to find the way how to tell the RRAS not to NAT the traffic for VPN but without any success.

    Is it possible to have NAT and IPSEC on the same interface on Windows 2003?

    Please help

    Milosh

    milosh, May 22, 2007