    B have a site to site VPN running? If yes, does the PIX version/model
    matter at Site B(i.e. could a 501 handle this scenario if it was in
    place at Site B)?

    gkurcon, Jun 9, 2006

  2. gkurcon

    Gary Guest

    You can with split-tunneling -- which I'm pretty sure is available in
    6.X(X) as well. Just make sure to include site B's IP space in your config
    so that packets destined for its network get sent through the IPsec tunnel
    instead of out your default gateway.
    In fact, it doesn't even matter what's on the other end of the
    site-to-site tunnel so long as hosts at site A can reach hosts at site B.
    For example, we have a PIX to SonicWall tunnel to one of our remote
    offices. I can connect to the PIX (site A) with the Cisco VPN client (PC)
    then access hosts on the other side of the SonicWall (site B).

    -Gary

    Gary, Jun 11, 2006

  3. gkurcon

    gkurcon Guest

    Thanks for the reply. Can you give an example of the commands that
    would need to be added to the 506E's config in order to get this to
    work? Thanks.

    gkurcon, Jun 12, 2006
  4. gkurcon

    gkurcon Guest

    Here is what I have in my config regarding split-tunneling:

    ip address inside 192.168.1.1

    access-list ctvpn_splitTunnelAcl permit ip 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
    any

    vpngroup ctvpn address-pool ciscovpn
    vpngroup ctvpn dns-server 192.168.1.5 192.168.1.11
    vpngroup ctvpn split-tunnel ctvpn_splitTunnelAcl
    vpngroup ctvpn split-dns domain.local
    vpngroup ctvpn idle-time 7200
    vpngroup ctvpn max-time 7200
    vpngroup ctvpn user-idle-timeout 600

    The address pool ciscovpn is: 172.16.1.1-20

    What would I need to add in order to enable the vpn pool (172.16.1.0)
    to see the remote networks of 192.168.2.0 (users behind the PIX can see
    the remotes fine via site to site)?

    Thanks.

    gkurcon, Jun 12, 2006