    thanks a lot!

    greetings
    Philipp Roos

    Philipp Roos, Apr 14, 2006

  2. Yes. In PIX 5 and PIX 6, you copy the configuration to a TFTP server.
    In PIX 7, you have the additional option of keeping several different
    configurations simultaneously (i.e., a filesystem.)
    The only things that the PIX produces that might be called reports,
    cannot be exported.

    The PIX can send standard syslog messages. syslog is -nearly- a
    pure text format, except that a couple of bytes in each message have
    values encoded in binary.

    The PIX can produce information about memory usage, in text, but
    you really have to know the PIX well to get any benefit from looking
    at that information.

    The PIX can record some historical traffic information. That
    information can be displayed as text, but the format is not intended
    to be nicely formatted. Instead the primary use for this information
    is by the GUI interface PDM (PIX 5, PIX 6) or ASDM (PIX 7), which
    has its own back-door to get the information from the PIX. PDM and ASDM
    can produce some graphs; I don't know if those graphs can be exported
    from the GUIs as I never found anything interesting in them to make it
    worth the bother of even considering exporting the data.

    PIX supports SNMP, and so can be accessed by standard programs such
    as MRTG. PIX 7 noticably expands the useful information so available.

    Walter Roberson, Apr 14, 2006