PIX 525 Does Not Authenticate Password

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by nice_man22_99, Sep 11, 2006.

  1. Hi Peeps

    We have 2 Cisco PIX 525 firewall at work which has been working Ok all
    the while. These PIXs authenticate users by TACACS and they also have
    local username and password configured on it. They don't accept Telnet
    but accept only SSH.

    Last week, when logging on the the firewall over SSH, the firewalls
    kept prompting me to put my password in, over and over again even
    though I had supplied the correct password. I then consoled directly to

    the PIX and got the same problem with the local username and password.
    Both PIXs will not authenticate me.

    I rebooted the PIXs and was then able to log on successfully. Just a
    couple of days later the problem has started again and it seems I can
    only get it to work if I reboot the PIXs. Has anyone come across this
    problem? Any suggestions? Has anyone had this experience before?

    Anyway, the PIX works fine and does what it is suppose to for user,
    only that we can't log on to it.

    Hardware:pIX Version 6.3(4)

    PIX-525, 256 MB RAM, CPU Pentium III 600 MHz
    Flash E28F128J3 @ 0x300, 16MB
    BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000, 32KB

    Any suggetion will be appreciated.

    Thanks