    really trying to minimize downtime and potential problems in the future.

    Thanks,
    Don

    Donald Zelenak Jr., Jan 21, 2004

  2. :Right now I've got a PIX-515UR that has 3 interfaces. I'd like to take it to
    :6. I know a PIX-4FE card will do the trick, but I've done some brief reading
    :and some visual inspection on my part makes these interface cards look just
    :like Intel Pro 100 NICs. The software on the PIX is 6.1 (4)

    :I've got access to an Intel 4 Port Server NIC. Do I have to fork out for the
    :Cisco board or will the Intel Server NIC suffice? I'd just try it, but I'm
    :really trying to minimize downtime and potential problems in the future.

    There have been a number of different cards and revisions marketed
    under the "Pro 100" name. Most of those will not work at all in the PIX,
    or will not work properly.

    Using a random Pro 100 NIC is not the best way to mimimize downtime
    and potential problems.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 21, 2004

  3. Donald Zelenak Jr.

    Julie Guest

    I have used several Intel Pro single port cards, and it depends on the chip
    set. If you have access to a 4 Port NIC give it a try, or if you can
    visually take a look at Cisco's card check the chip set then buy an matching
    Intel one for a third the price.

    Brad

    Julie, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Donald Zelenak Jr.