    What can I do to make it jsut boot into the IOS and get running?

    Thanks,
    Scott<-

    Scooter133, Jan 6, 2009

  2. just a hint;

    do you have the console port permanantly plugged in the serial port of a PC.

    I had a situation where both the PC and the PIX would reboot
    simultaneously, and i guess
    during the reboot , the PC was sending some kind of garbage on the serial
    port , causing the
    PIX to boot in Monitor mode.

    news.svc.telus.net, Jan 26, 2009

  3. Scooter133

    DarbyWeaver

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2006
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    0
    1. Get a UPS.

    2. Change the config register.

    3. Do you have a Smartnet Contract? May I suggest TAC?

    DarbyWeaver, Jan 30, 2009
  4. I have a PIX 515e IOS 7.0(5) and when the Power goes out, the PIX
    Did you ever get resolution to your problem?

    David

    David Henzler, Feb 24, 2009
  5. Not exactly Scott.

    I have followed the Pix Getting Started Guide which uses the ASDM 5.2(4)
    software, and got it to "work". However I didn't understand the use of IP
    groups, and thus created a weird configuration that gets me close to what
    I wanted, but has some problems. I may be able to fix this by starting
    over. I really want to establish the inside address NATed address range
    to only appear on the outside (Ethernet0) port address. I also want that
    address to be a static assignment. I have tried assigning it, and can not
    find any place to put a gateway address so that it works. I have been
    able to configure the DNS and of course fail to get outside because of
    this.

    It is my desire to have the pix in a non-routed mode if at all possible.

    I have figured out how to make the DMZ port static NAT so that my DNS
    address pool is a one to one relationship with 5 of my outside addresses.
    However I haven't been able to ping the outside addresss, only the DMZ.
    This may be normal. Although it doesn't seem right.

    I also don't understand why my higher security ports can't get out to
    lower ports without a rule being set up. It doesn't make sense. I was
    under the impression that any higher security level automatically could go
    to a lower one.

    Any comments would be appreciated.

    Gracias

    David