Pix 515 - upgrade from 635 to 722 - sendmail breaks

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by raider.adam, Apr 23, 2007.

  1. raider.adam

    raider.adam Guest

    Hello,

    I am having a problem that I can't seem to figure where to look.

    My original setup is sendmail on Linux in a DMZ using a PIX 515 and
    version 6.35. Everything works just dandy.

    Last night I installed more RAM and upgraded the PIX to 7.22. I did
    some testing and everything seemed to upgrade rather easily. The only
    thing that seemed to have any significant effect is that users got
    prompted when they initiated a VPN. No big deal. I created accounts.

    Well, during the day I started getting complaints about email. I
    checked into it and emails originating from within the network were
    working fine. Emails coming from outside were not. I checked my
    sendmail logs and I was receiving these messages:

    Apr 23 15:35:01 ford sendmail[4208]: l3NIYkeR004208: SYSERR(root):
    collect: read timeout on connection from m4.campaignmonitor.com,
    from=<>
    Apr 23 15:35:10 ford sendmail[4235]: l3NIZ0Vt004235: SYSERR(root):
    collect: read timeout on connection from cdaams01.thecreek.com,
    from=<>
    Apr 23 15:38:30 ford sendmail[4657]: l3NIcKC5004657: SYSERR(root):
    collect: read timeout on connection from VMTA03.S2U2.COM,
    from=<-deals.com>
    Apr 23 15:38:50 ford sendmail[4711]: l3NIccte004711: SYSERR(root):
    collect: read timeout on connection from 142.41.globalpercept.com,
    connection being killed in mid stream.

    After spending time trying to figure it out, I rolled back to 6.35.
    Immediately email went back to normal.

    Any ideas on what could be going on with the upgrade that is causing
    this? Something with fixup and inspection?

    Any leads would be greatly appreciated.

    Adam

    raider.adam, Apr 23, 2007