PIX 506e VPN licenses

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by chrismtoth, Mar 20, 2007.

  1. chrismtoth

    chrismtoth Guest

    Hello all,

    We've been having some issues with our VPN that is setup on our PIX
    506e. 75% of the time, the VPN works wonders, but the other 25% of
    the time, people lose connection for no apparent reason. I have setup
    a Kiwi Syslog and gone over and over the logs, but find no issues.

    But someone suggested I look to see if we have enough VPN licenses for
    the PIX. Maybe it's dropping connections if it goes over the max
    number of connections for the licenses.

    I wasn't even aware you needed VPN licenses.

    Is there way to figure this out?

    Thanks!
     
    chrismtoth, Mar 20, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. chrismtoth

    Darren Green Guest

    Hi Chris,

    I couldn't remember what the details were on this so I looked it up on
    Cisco. The enclosed URL takes you to a PDF. This states that:

    Cleartext throughput: 20 Mbps
    56-bit DES IPsec VPN throughput: 20 Mbps
    168-bit 3DES IPsec VPN throughput: 16 Mbps
    Simultaneous VPN peers: 25*

    * Maximum number of simultaneous site-to-site or remote access

    VPN/IKE Security Associations (SAs) supported

    The last bit is probably your limitiation. How may users do you have.

    http://www.uit.co.uk/cso/pdf/p506e_ds.pdf

    Regards

    Darren
     
    Darren Green, Mar 20, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. chrismtoth

    chrismtoth Guest

    Thanks for the info...we have approximately 25 users who have access
    to the VPN, but maybe only 10-15 users who use it at any given time.
     
    chrismtoth, Mar 21, 2007
    #3
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments (here). After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.