PIX 506e FireWall and Cisco VPNClient 4.6

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by toureg69, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. toureg69

    toureg69 Guest

    All,

    I am a newbie to the PIX firewalls. Currently now the PIX is just
    allowing Internet access.

    We have users that would like to work remotely. I was thinking about
    doing a VPN from the firewall to their remote desktops using the Cisco
    VPN Cleint software.

    Our setup is veyr simple:

    Remote PC -> Cable Modem --> Internet --> Office ISP Managed Router ->
    PIX 506 -> Internal Network

    I have been looking on the Cisco site and have not found a document
    that can just simply tell me how to do it. It shouldn't be that
    difficult either. But I guess difficult enough for my lack of
    skillset.

    Any information on how to configure the PIX and VPNClient pc would be
    helpful

    Thank you in advanced.

    toureg69, Apr 3, 2005

  2. toureg69

    BradReeseCom Guest

    BradReeseCom, Apr 3, 2005

  3. toureg69

    toureg69 Guest

    Thanks Brad for your help. I am reviewing the links now. The first
    link, I do not know how to use that. Do you know how to use it?

    The second link I am trying to find document which best suits my issue.
    I will keep you informed of how it goes.

    Thanks again!

    toureg69, Apr 4, 2005
  4. toureg69

    toureg69 Guest

    Hello Brad,

    I tried the configuration within the document for a PIX-VPN3000 setup.
    I was able to connect via the VPN Client to the PIX. The client
    received an IP address. But I was not able to access any internal
    resources. :-((

    Two questions:

    1..One of the commands was to setup an access-list to allow NAT-ing for
    the internal network.

    Why do I need this for?

    2. What else should I look at to get access to my internal resources,
    such as Email and File&Print shares.?

    Any information would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    toureg69, Apr 5, 2005