    out how. It has PDM v1.1. The only directions I could find talk about PDM
    2 or 3. Help.

    Rich

    Rich, Jul 16, 2003

  2. : I recently purchased a PIX 501. I have set the external interface to a
    :static address. I have also set the Static route to point from the static
    :IP address of the external interface to out T1 router's address. I can not
    :get out of local network. I believe the route is not working.

    Use a route that points network 0.0.0.0 netmask 0.0.0.0 to the T1 router.

    route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 T1sIP 1

    : I would like to reset the PIX back to the default, but can not figure
    :eek:ut how. It has PDM v1.1. The only directions I could find talk about PDM
    :2 or 3. Help.

    You must be using PIX software version 6.1.

    Connect to the serial port at 9600. Log in. enable. Enter the command

    config terminal

    and then clear config

    Walter Roberson, Jul 16, 2003

  3. Rich

    S. Gione Guest

    If you haven't already done so, make sure that you have the nat inside
    defined.

    S. Gione, Jul 16, 2003
  4. : Thanks so much. I have now restored basic functionality. However, it
    :apparently trashed PDM as well. Do you know how to restore it?

    I was going to suggest that you use the command configure factory-default
    but the evidence suggests you are using PIX 6.1 and that command
    does not exist until PIX 6.2.

    My guess is that when you cleared the configuration, that the
    minimal configuration necessary for PDM was removed. You will probably
    have to go in through the serial port and reconfigure a little.
    I suggest you use the command setup

    Walter Roberson, Jul 16, 2003