    on the web and come back into the web server. The PIX does not allow
    this but I don't know why. Does anybody know how to allow traffic to
    go out and come back in? Thank you for your help in advance!

    kg026, Mar 24, 2007

  2. You can't do that on a PIX 501.

    However, what you -can- do is reconfigure you DNS services
    so that when an inside host makes a request to www.domain.com
    it is told the internal IP address rather than the external IP
    address.

    The mechanisms for configuring that depend upon whether your
    DNS server is inside or outside. If it is outside, it would
    be configured by using the 'dns' keyword on a 'static' command,
    if you are using PIX 6.3; in PIX 6.2, you would look at the 'alias'
    command instead.

    Walter Roberson, Mar 24, 2007

  3. Is "http://www.domain.com" the same URL as the hosted one on the inside
    server,
    or is it on an outsied server ?

    Regards
    Martin

    Martin Bilgrav, Mar 25, 2007
  4. kg026

    kg026 Guest

    Sorry for the late reply! When an inside host goes to www.domain.com
    it resolves to the internal IP which is why we are so confused as to
    why this is a problem. The fCMS software support can't figure it out
    either! Thanks!

    kg026, Apr 14, 2007
  5. kg026

    kg026 Guest

    www.domain.com is an internal hosted server. Thanks!

    kg026, Apr 14, 2007
  6. kg026

    chris Guest

    The Pix won't allow traffic to exit the same interface that it entered from.
    You would have to resolve the host locally so that it used the internal
    address and not the external.

    Chris.

    chris, Apr 14, 2007