pix 501 remote access vpn error: ISAKMP: init_phase1_fields failed

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Benjamin, Jul 30, 2007.

  1. Benjamin

    Benjamin Guest

    Hi,

    I have a remote access VPN setup on a cisco pix 501.
    This has been working for a few months now without interventions.

    Since last week I am not able to make a VPN connection with the cisco client
    to the pix anymore.
    I can connect via ssh without any problems to the pix.
    client version: 5.0.00.0340
    client error:
    Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
    Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.

    server error:
    ISAKMP: init_phase1_fields failed
    crypto_isakmp_process_block:src:*SNIP*, dest:*SNIP* spt:9273 dpt:500
    VPN Peer:ISAKMP: Peer Info for *SNIP*/0 not found - peers:10I am trying a
    reload now and will see tomorrow what this gives.

    In meantime, could someone give me a pointer on the above error messages?

    Thanks in advance.

    Greetings,
    Benjamin

    Benjamin, Jul 30, 2007