PIX 501 obtaining an IP address

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Madhu, May 11, 2006.

  1. Madhu

    Madhu Guest

    Hi,

    I am a novice user trying to fix the firewall in my office. We use a
    PIX 501 firewall and have a T1 connxn. There are around 10-15 computers
    in the network. Its a windows network.

    The problem is this:
    However he doesn't see an IP for it
    1. I see an interface called 'console' in the PIX box. I connected a
    laptop to the interface to try to see what could be done but I didn't
    quite manage to progress after this.

    So I need help on what the problem could be, how to access the firewall
    to check its settings using SSH or telnet or my browser(I cant find any
    CDs that came with PIX, so using any Cisco app to connect is out of
    question) ,
    and how to fix this?

    Thank you,
    Madhu

    Madhu, May 11, 2006

  2. Madhu

    Merv Guest

    see the Cisco doc
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...figuration_guide_chapter09186a0080172794.html

    If you ISP assign IP address using DHCP then:

    connect to the console port using the blue cable provided.

    config t
    enable
    ip address outside dhcp setroute
    exit