    need to open SMTP and RDP from the external. Is there a procedure out there
    on the internet to set this up? (from scratch, one command at a time) Please
    help this new Cisco user! =) Thanks guys.

    Ian McKellan, Feb 17, 2006

  2. Ian McKellan

    NETADMIN Guest

    Hi Mc,
    Which IOS version youare using.

    Here is an example from starting
    PIX>en
    PIX#
    config t# interface ethernet0 auto
    config t# nameif ethernet0 outside security0
    config t# interface ethernet1 auto
    config t# nameif ethernet1 inside security100
    config t# ip address outside "ip""subnetmask"
    config t# ip address inside "ip""subnetmask"
    config t# nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 0 0
    config t# global (outside) 1 interface
    config t# access-list acl-out permit icmp any any
    config t# access-list acl-out permit tcp any any eq 3389
    config t# access-list acl-out permit tcp any any eq smtp
    config t# access-group acl-out in interface outside.
    config t# route outside 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 "netxt hope"
    config t# wr mem
    config t# Exit
    pix>

    In above config u have to mention ip addreses accordingly

    CK-NET

    NETADMIN, Feb 17, 2006

  3. Ian McKellan

    Merv Guest