PIX 501 and NT Network Authentication - Newbie needs advice

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Rob Franetovich, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. I have a Pix 501 setup with all of the standard ACL implemeted for
    mail, ftp, and http access.
    I have Cisco VPN Client 4.0 ready to install on remote laptops.
    The problem I am having is that I can authenticate on the Firewall,
    but not on the NT domain behind the firewall.

    On a test Win98 laptop the Client will connect to the firewall,
    authenticate and then ask for network login credentials.

    On test Win2K and XP laptop I can authenticate on the firewall, but
    then never get the chance to provide netowrk login credentials.

    Using the Windows client with L2TP I cannot even ping any addresses
    inside the firewall, eventhough the client was handed an internal IP
    address by the firewall.

    Using the Cisco client I can ping internal addresses.

    But in each scenario, I cannot see any of the network by NetBIOS name,
    nor can I map any network drives/shares.

    I am looking for help, so if you have any ideas please respond.

    Thanx
    Rob

    Rob Franetovich, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Rob Franetovich

    Chris Guest

    How are you handling name resolution over the VPN. Remember that NetBIOS
    relies on broadcasts which you can't do over a routed VPN.

    Chris.

    Chris, Jul 9, 2003