    from Netflix.

    I found _Pirates of the Caribbean_ to be so awful, that I only watched
    the first half and then fast-forwarded through the second half.

    Scot Gardner, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Scot Gardner

    Justin Guest

    Scot Gardner wrote on [Thu, 4 Dec 2003 09:44:29 -0800]:
    Nope, off enjoying it too much

    then you missed a fun movie

    Justin, Dec 4, 2003

  3. Scot Gardner

    TSKO Guest

    I agree.....Pirate movies I have missed on the big screen and with this
    movie..they came back in a big way...

    TSKO, Dec 4, 2003
  4. Scot Gardner

    Jay Stewart Guest

    ....but after seeing the brilliant "Master and Commander" it seems like such
    a lightweight effort.

    Jay Stewart, Dec 4, 2003
  5. .but after seeing the brilliant "Master and Commander" it seems like such
    I believe it's supposed to be. It was quite enjoyable.

    Thursdaynighters, Dec 4, 2003
  6. Scot Gardner

    Justin Guest

    Jay Stewart wrote on [Thu, 04 Dec 2003 20:59:56 GMT]:
    Of course, Pirates came out LONG before Master and Commander, and *IS* a
    lightweight FUN movie, like it is supposed to be.

    Master and Commander needed some serious editing, btw

    Justin, Dec 4, 2003
  7. Scot Gardner

    TSKO Guest

    2 different flicks in my opinion.....but both darn good

    TSKO, Dec 4, 2003
  8. Scot Gardner

    Black Locust Guest

    Well, you're the first person I've spoken to that thought it was
    "terrible." I loved it myself. Just a fun action/adventure movie. Works
    on every level.

    BTW, there's no posts about it because this is a genuine good film.
    People only post about the movies that suck. That's why there was so
    many posts about Daredevil and Hulk. :)

    Black Locust, Dec 4, 2003
  9. Scot Gardner

    Codswallop Guest

    I liked it so much, I ordered it from the US rather than wait until
    March for the local (Australian) release.

    It's definitely a "fun" flick. Doesn't take itself seriously at all.

    Codswallop, Dec 4, 2003
  10. Scot Gardner

    Rutgar Guest

    If you cared so little about it, why are you bothering to bring it up?

    - Rutgar

    Rutgar, Dec 4, 2003
  11. Scot Gardner

    Paul C. Guest

    I was pleasantly surprised by it & bought a copy. (a store here in
    Canada had a trade & save bringing it down to $20.90 with tax)

    Paul C., Dec 4, 2003
  12. Scot Gardner

    Rich Clark Guest

    It's a well-made, entertaining movie featuring a bravura proformance by
    Johnny Depp. Many people like the film, often for wildly different reasons.

    The DVD includes an excellent transfer and a busload of mostly worthwhile
    extras.

    Everything works as it should.

    Since this newsgroup is mostly about whining, it's obvious why this release
    would be an unpopular topic, although I commend you, Scot, for finding it in
    yourself to whine about it anyway. <g>

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Dec 4, 2003
  13. Scot Gardner

    Mark Spatny Guest

    Scot Gardner, says...
    I thought it was great fun. Exactly what I expect from a summer popcorn
    movie. But then, I liked Cutthroat Island.

    Scott, maybe you would have enjoyed it more if Ben and Jennifer had been
    the leads. At the very least, you would have had something more to write
    about.

    Mark Spatny, Dec 4, 2003
  14. Scot Gardner

    damnfine Guest

    Retard.

    (That is all.)

    damnfine, Dec 5, 2003
  15. Scot Gardner

    Animeg3282 Guest

    It was an ok movie, but due to limited funds...

    Animeg3282, Dec 5, 2003
  16. Scot Gardner

    Mark B. Guest

    My wife and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I picked it up.

    Mark

    Mark B., Dec 5, 2003
  17. However, "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" isn't
    exactly aimed as a "serious" movie. But as a summer movie just for the sheer
    entertainment of it, it's definitely top notch--especially Johnny Depp's
    very "over the top" (which works in this case) performance as Captain Jack
    Sparrow.

    Why do you think the movie made over US$300 million in US box office
    revenues this year?

    Raymond Chuang, Dec 5, 2003
  18. Scot Gardner

    Jay Stewart Guest

    Hey, I didn't say it sucked and I didn't say it was undeserving of the
    hundreds of millions of entertainment dollars it brought in.

    I just said it was lightweight.

    Take a pill, Ray.

    Jay Stewart, Dec 5, 2003
  19. Scot Gardner

    Matt R Guest

    What is the Johnny Depp commentary like? Any good?

    Matt

    Matt R, Dec 5, 2003
  20. Scot Gardner

    Rick Guest

    No accounting for taste. Or the lack of it.
    POTC was a great movie and I bought it and re-watched it Tuesday.

    Rick, Dec 5, 2003