    the pond. The filter (tetra PF3) is a cannister above the pond. Currently
    the line discharges about 8-10" below the waterline. Does having the
    discharge line below the watersurface slow down the water flow?

    bk, Dec 5, 2004

  2. bk

    bk Guest

    Sorry - posted to wrong group.

    bk, Dec 5, 2004

  3. bk

    Old Gringo Guest

    No Being below the water will not slow the flow. If the it were
    above the water it would have a chance to aerate the water better.
    The more agitation of the water at the surface the more air is added
    to the water. Good Luck PS: If you have only carp in the pond don't
    worry about it.

    Old Gringo, Dec 5, 2004
  4. bk

    joevan Guest

    Why? Never thought there was any question off limits here!
    joevan

    joevan, Dec 5, 2004
  5. bk

    phrogee Guest

    Make sure your intake pipe is a little larger than the discharge pipe or you
    will lose pressure. At 8-10" little effect will be seen. At great depths,
    yes, it would slow the rate down. Old Gringo is right, even a series of fine
    sprays over the water would aerorate the water much better. It would take a
    heck of a big filter for even a pond of 20' x 20'. I'm assuming it's fairly
    small.

    phrogee, Dec 6, 2004
  6. bk

    Linda Guest