    still shots? Or maybe even video BUT..I'd like to be able to snap shots
    then take the cam back to a pc, connect through USB & upload the shots
    through the cam software. Surveillance reasons. Thanks for any info.

    D, Jul 8, 2005

  2. D

    Ken Burns Guest

    If you are doing it for surveillance reasons, pinhole camera would be
    unacceptable. The images would probably not be of adequate sharpeness since
    no real lens is actually used, just a very small aperture in a thin aperture
    plate. Pinhole cameras are adequate for artistic purposes, but I don't
    think they would work adequately for your uses.

    Ken Burns, Jul 8, 2005

  3. D

    Darrell Guest

    Actually in this usage, a pinholle camera has a lens, and only needs a tiny
    opening to hide behind. Try a Google for "Spy Shop" they should have all the
    toys you want.

    Darrell, Jul 8, 2005
  4. This store's in Toronto (been around for years), but they online sales
    through their website too. They sell IR cameras, coin-sized surveillance
    cameras, all kinds of neat stuff.

    http://www.spytech.com/

    Paul Fedorenko, Jul 8, 2005
  5. The "pinhole" lenses for video cameras are actually real focusing
    lenses; they just have a relatively small entrance pupil like 1 mm.
    This works OK with the very small video chip that's also used.
    The aperture is still considerably larger than a true pinhole.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jul 8, 2005
  6. D

    D Guest

    Thanks folks...I'm looking for something wireless with a usb maybe that
    I can upload afterwards.

    D, Jul 8, 2005
  7. D

    D Guest