    The above command alone is insufficient for manual IPv6 configuration on
    Windows. You are also required to create a static route to the local
    network.

    netsh interface ipv6 add route 2001:DB8:1234:42::/64 "Local Area
    Connection"

    Dom, Aug 25, 2006

  2. ConceptZone

    ConceptZone Guest

    Is this command is substitute of defining a default gateway ?, what is
    the use for this command

    currently I can ping from my router to the windows XP machine.

    so If I am able to ping from my router to the machine what is the use
    for the command you mentioned?

    ConceptZone, Aug 25, 2006

  3. ConceptZone

    Dom Guest

    This command defines the local network.
    Let's have a look at the routing tables to see why. How 'bout if you
    revert back to the original configuration?

    Dom, Aug 25, 2006