    Im with woosh. After getting my IP address I pinged my home computer from
    work. What I got was Ping Packets Received 100% lost.

    What does that mean......?

    peter, Sep 23, 2004

  2. peter

    Col: Guest

    You need to have your computer turned on :)

    --

    Col

    Col's law.
    Thinly sliced cabbage..

    Col:, Sep 23, 2004

  3. peter

    peter Guest

    Its on,.....

    peter, Sep 23, 2004
  4. peter

    EMB Guest

    Between work and home there's a router that won't pass ICMP packets?
    Pinging the xtra jetstream IP you're posting from times out from here
    (ihug adsl) too.

    EMB, Sep 23, 2004
  5. peter

    Dave Taylor Guest

    ICMP Echo Reply is NOT a security risk (generally), but some ISP's and
    others still drop it. Makes troubleshooting a little more difficult.
    Register you home PC with a dyndns provider and run a client to keep the
    dns updated. DeeEnES (spelling) works well with dynds.org.

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Sep 24, 2004
  6. you running a firewall?

    a tracert may be of more use.