    ~misfit~ Guest

    For some reason when I changed it to Pacific time it changed my date as
    well. Hopefully fixed now?

    ~misfit~, Oct 21, 2003

  2. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    your clock is still way out dude... your posts are showing up as 9:33am
    tomorrow morning.

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003

  3. ~misfit~

    T-Boy Guest

    I don't care.

    (in other words, why don't you take this to email)

    T-Boy, Oct 21, 2003
  4. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    well, a, I dont have his email address, and b, I dont have a b.

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  5. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    Your time equals
    Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:18:46 +1300

    The real time(well time on the news server when you posted)

    Try nz.test to play with.
    Comparing posting times with time on youur PC and Times accoring to your
    headers.

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  6. ~misfit~

    Mainlander Guest

    HEAR HEAR

    Mainlander, Oct 22, 2003
  7. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I did. It's fixed now. I hadn't noticed.

    ~misfit~, Oct 22, 2003
  8. I see in one of the other threads mention of <Pearls of Wisdom>.

    Here are a couple of interest for this thread. Hopefully I am not
    castings these pearls before swine.

    Proverbs 15:12
    A mocker resents correction;
    he will not consult the wise.

    Proverbs 12:1
    Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
    but he who hates correction is stupid.

    watch out for Hitler, Oct 22, 2003
  9. ~misfit~

    Mainlander Guest

    Ah bollocks

    the issue of a computer clock running slow or fast is really nitpicking
    timewasting, and on the scale of significant daily events, posting
    messages on a usenet group with an incorrect time clock setting
    (especially when the ISP often adds time information to the headers) is
    utterly at the bottom,

    It constantly surprises me how precious people are about Usenet, to the
    extent of the constant verbiage posted by the likes of Redbaiter on
    nz.politics / nz.general, nitpicking about spelling, grammar, top posting
    and time clocks! I mean get a life for goodness sake! Get off that
    computer and spend some time with real people !!!!

    Mainlander, Oct 23, 2003
  10. ~misfit~

    Mainlander Guest

    Is that you J.C., expelled from a Yahoo chat group for breaching the T&C

    Mainlander, Oct 23, 2003
  11. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    Real people... I've heard of them, but please explain further :)

    T.N.O., Oct 23, 2003
  12. That is what was being highlighted by the contrast.

    The difference between those who accept correction, and those who do
    not.

    It appeared to be a case of a "matey" note, that would probably spare
    you the likely effects of a "shark attack" from certain other posters
    who have a bit of an "attitude".

    Hope that makes it clear for you. :)

    watch out for Hitler, Oct 23, 2003
  13. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Crystal, thanks for the clarification.

    ~misfit~, Oct 23, 2003
  14. ~misfit~

    T-Boy Guest

    It's obviously more than nitpicking to some. It certainly has no effect
    on my newsreader, and I imagine Forte Agent is the same. From what I
    understand (from what I've read from others here) it sounds like OE puts
    messages in date/time order - which would be a real pain re posts with
    incorrect dates (way out in the future).

    T-Boy, Oct 24, 2003
  15. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    well, actually there are heaps of way of lining up the posts... but yeah,
    thats how I have OE setup... Im surprised it caused so much traffic really,
    I mean I only really meant to Misfit to read it. hence the subject "ping
    ~misfit~"

    T.N.O., Oct 24, 2003
  16. ~misfit~

    T-Boy Guest

    Is it possible to set them in "Thread Order" - or something like that -
    the dates should no longer be a major issue then.

    T-Boy, Oct 24, 2003
  17. ~misfit~

    T.N.O. Guest

    yes, in fact that is the default setup... but that sucks, especially if
    threads go on forever, as they tend to do here, then you have to scroll down
    and down and adown to find the un-read posts on a thread... so I prefer to
    organise by date, then I see the new posts, each day... the few overseas
    people dont make much difference, as they seem to be awake most of the
    normal times that 'we' are.

    T.N.O., Oct 24, 2003