    2700+, with DVD-Rom + DVD-RW, 1 x 40GB + 1 x 120GB HDs, floppy drive &
    Blue-Eye case fan.

    Cheers :)

    Ian, Oct 6, 2004

  2. Ian

    Bret Guest

    Mine just arrived this morning, I bought the $133.00 one.
    Looks like a well built unit, quite heavy, the $88.00 one is probably
    suitable for your system, but you get peace of mind with the extra power
    on the 12v rails.

    Bret, Oct 6, 2004

  3. Ian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    As Bret said, the $88 one should be fine for your system. AcBel have
    certainly taken off in NZ, when I was looking several months back there was
    a choice of two models, a 300W and a 400W.

    Any AcBel PSU is a good PSU.

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2004
  4. Ian

    Bret Guest

    Ill be installing mine later tonight, should be quieter and cooler.
    Im impressed by the look and feel of it so far :)

    Bret, Oct 6, 2004
  5. Ian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I was with mine too. Twice the weight (or more) of a 'normal' PSU. It's
    worked faultlessly since I got it. Cool and quiet.

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2004
  6. Ian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    No probs.
    Good move. With a PSU the higher the rating the better the "insurance".

    Let us know how it goes.

    ~misfit~, Oct 6, 2004
  7. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Sweet, thanks for the info. I think I´ll score the $133 model.

    Ian, Oct 6, 2004
  8. Ian

    SteveM Guest

    SNIP
    Bret,
    Can you comment on how quiet the PSU is. I'm looking
    for a very quiet one for a PVR machine that will be in the
    living room, and on 24x7.

    SteveM

    SteveM, Oct 6, 2004
  9. Ian

    Bret Guest

    Hi Steve, I didnt get through the wall of computers next to my desk so Ill
    do it later today and let you know.

    Bret, Oct 7, 2004
  10. Ian

    Simon Guest

    Simon, Oct 7, 2004
  11. Ian

    SteveM Guest

    Hmmmm, nice idea but $244 is a bit OTT for my liking!

    SteveM

    SteveM, Oct 7, 2004
  12. Ian

    Bret Guest

    Got it in last night, very quiet(Ican hear my cpu fan now).
    I thought there was a police chase inside it though, red and blue lights
    flashing out the back of the power supply, but then a green light as well,
    Traffic lights then.

    Bret, Oct 7, 2004
  13. easy to cut them? just little leds?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 7, 2004
  14. Ian

    Bret Guest

    Probably be an easy job, wont really bother me till I turn the lights off
    for a FPS session.

    Bret, Oct 7, 2004
  15. heh, thats what I was thinking... I used to game with the curtains open
    so I could look outside during game loads, untill I discovered that cars
    driving passed was a fairly major distraction, take your eyes off the
    screen for half a second, and you get shot, simple as that.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 7, 2004
  16. Ian

    Bret Guest

    No blinking is allowed :)

    Bret, Oct 7, 2004
  17. Ian

    Ian Guest

    Finally got around to ordering it, and it arrived yesterday. This is
    what I call ¨heavy metal¨!!! I´ve just installed it, funky colours on
    the fan, looks like a Christmas tree :) Runs nice & quiet. Thanks :)

    Ian, Oct 22, 2004
  18. Ian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Heavy metal is right. Mine weighed more than twice the weight of the PSU it
    replaced and is running trouble-free six months later. I expect it will be
    the same in six years.

    ~misfit~, Oct 23, 2004
  19. Just to bring up the thread again...
    Im after a PSU or two.

    My machine as it is.
    Athlon 1800+
    768MB DDR
    CDRW, DVDRW, 2 x 40GB drives
    GF4 TI4400
    two case fans
    Wifi card

    onboard snd and lan

    Im looking at getting another two Hdd, probably 200GB when they hit the
    sweet spot, not sure if they'll be straight replacements or additional,
    so need to assume they'll be additional(they probably will be)

    Im guessing the 400W one, but which 400W one.
    The lights will be disabled... and the new drives I get will most likely
    to be SATA, which also means another card to install in the machine.

    your thoughts?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 26, 2004
  20. Ian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    I'd think the $88 one would be fine for that application Dave. That's all I
    have in my machine, an XP1800 (although running at 2.1Ghz, 10.5 x 200, with
    a correspondingly higher vcore setting). Similar set-up to yours is
    currently as far as power draw goes and it handles it effortlessly. Mine
    *doesn't* have fancy LEDs or a 120mm fan, just a standard 80mm fan and is
    still one of the quietest things in the machine.

    AcBel are good, dependable PSUs IME.

    ~misfit~, Oct 27, 2004